Leveraging Social Media Networking
- Allowing people to connect with others of like-mind or common interests as friends, colleagues or business players.
- Building a presence as a trusted and valued member of the group.
- Fostering online networking relationships.
- The power of the group to enact change.
- Social networking  (Facebook, Twitter, Fllickr, LinkedIn, Myspace).
- Social bookmarking  (Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Technorati, Reddit).
- Social search to find information, an alternative to traditional search engines.
- Facebook groups.
- Facebook fan pages.
- Facebook Like.
- Facebook Share.
- Twitter follow me and I will follow you back.
- It is not who you know but who knows you back.
- Creating brand, loyalty and reputation.
- Be careful what you say online as for example employers scan Twitter prior to interviews and job offers, or as a regular check on employee sentiment.
- Be open and transparent. Post a picture. Be real.
- B2C (business to consumer) and B2B (business to business) applications.
- Human psychological implications prevail online as does in the physical world (self-esteem, addiction, bullying, trolls).
- Privacy issues (not exclusive to Cybespace).
- Service platform issues (sites are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination; some are in perpetual beta status).
- If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends. – Jeff Bezos (Social media can only expand on the 6,000.)
See Site Visitor Statistics for Google Analytics results for this site.
2010 Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2011 Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun Sep Oct Dec
2012 Jan Feb Apr May Jun Oct Nov Dec
2013 Jan Feb Mar May Jun Dec
2014 Jan Mar Jun Jul Aug Oct Nov Dec
2015 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Oct Nov Dec
2016 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct